ASTM B209 Aluminum Sheet
is a 7000 series aluminum alloy: the prime alloying addition is zinc & it is formulated for main forming into wrought products. The properties of include 17 general variations. This page shows a summary range across all of them. The graph bars on the material properties cards further compare to 7000-series alloys (top), all aluminum alloys (middle), & the entire database. A full bar means this is the highest value in the relevant set. A half-full bar means it’s 50% of the highest, & so on.
T6 temper 7075 has an ultimate tensile strength of 510–540 MPa (74,000–78,000 psi) & yield strength of at least 430–480 MPa (63,000–69,000 psi). It has a failure elongation of 5–11%. Aluminum Alloy Sheet is the most widely used form of Aluminum Alloy. It is commonly used for construction, aerospace & defence applications. The T6 temper is usually achieved by homogenizing the cast 7075 at 450 °C for several hours, quenching, & then aging at 120 °C for 24 hours. This yields the peak strength of the 7075 alloys. The strength is derived mainly from finely dispersed eta & eta’ precipitates both within grains & along grain boundaries. Plus Metal provides the best range of high-quality 7075 T6 Aluminum Sheet in India.
Due to its high strength-to-weight ratio, aa7075 is used for highly stressed structural parts. Applications of ASTM B209 aluminum sheet includes aircraft fittings, fuse parts, meter shafts & gears, missile parts, regulating valve parts, worm gears, keys, & various other commercial aircraft, aerospace & defense equipment & components.
· Aluminum alloy can be machined in the annealed condition. Oil lubricants are used for performing machining operations.
· Aluminum alloy can be formed in the annealed condition. It can be warmed at 95 to 121°C (201 to 249°F) if any trouble is encountered.
· Aluminum alloy can be welded using a resistance welding method. The gas welding method is not preferred for welding this alloy. Arc welding method should also be avoided as it results in the degradation of corrosion resistance property of this alloy.
· 7075 aluminum alloy is annealed at (900°F) for 2 h followed by water quenching & precipitation hardening heat treatment.
· Aluminum alloy is forged at 372 to 483°C (700 to 900°F).
· Aluminum alloy can be hot worked at 122°C (250°F)
· Aluminum alloy can be cold worked using conventional methods in soft & annealed conditions.
· al7075 alloy can be hardened by precipitation heat treatment.