UNS A97075 | AA7075 | AL7075 | 7075 T6 Aluminum
is a 7000 series aluminum alloy: the main alloying addition is zinc & it is formulated for prime forming into wrought products. The properties of include 17 common variations. This page shows a summary range across all of them. For more specific values, follow the links immediately below. The graph bars on the material properties cards further below compare to 7000-series alloys (top), all aluminum alloys (middle), and the entire database (bottom). A full bar means this is the highest value in the relevant set. A half-full bar means it’s 50% of the highest, and so on.
T6 temper 7075 has an ultimate tensile strength of 510–540 MPa (74,000–78,000 psi) and yield strength of at least 430–480 MPa (63,000–69,000 psi). It has a failure elongation of 5–11%. Aluminum Alloy Sheet is the most widely used form of Aluminum Alloy. It is commonly used for construction, aerospace and defence applications. The T6 temper is usually achieved by homogenizing the cast 7075 at 450 °C for several hours, quenching, and then aging at 120 °C for 24 hours. This yields the peak strength of the 7075 alloys. The strength is derived mainly from finely dispersed eta and eta’ precipitates both within grains and along grain boundaries. Plus Metal provides the best range of high-quality 7075 T6 Aluminum Sheet in India.
Due to its high strength-to-weight ratio, aa7075 is used for highly stressed structural parts. Applications include aircraft fittings, gears and shafts, fuse parts, meter shafts and gears, missile parts, regulating valve parts, worm gears, keys, and various other commercial aircraft, aerospace and defense equipment and components.
· Aluminum 7075 alloy can be machined in the annealed condition. Oil lubricants are used for performing machining operations.
· Aluminum 7075 alloy can be formed in the annealed condition. It can be warmed at 94 to 122°C (200 to 250°F) if any difficulty is encountered.
· Aluminum 7075 alloy can be welded using a resistance welding method. The gas welding method is not preferred for welding this alloy. Arc welding method should also be avoided as it results in the degradation of corrosion resistance property of this alloy.
· 7075 aluminum alloy is annealed at (900°F) for 2 h followed by water quenching and precipitation hardening heat treatment.
· Aluminum 7075 alloy is forged at 372 to 483°C (700 to 900°F).
· Aluminum 7075 alloy can be hot worked at 122°C (250°F)
· Aluminum 7075 alloy can be cold worked using conventional methods in soft and annealed conditions.
· Aluminum 7075 alloy is annealed at 413°C (775°F) for 3 h followed by controlled cooling at 10 to 260° C (50 to 500°F) per hour, and cooling in air.
· Aluminum 7075 alloy can be aged at 122°C (250°F) for 24 h to obtain the T 6 temper. The T 73 temper can be heated at 108°C (225°F) for 8 h and at 163°C (325°F) for 24 h followed by air cooling.
· al7075 alloy can be hardened by precipitation heat treatment.